Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Little one on its way!



It is difficult to imagine but our clan is expanding! This new little one will be joining our family in Aug. We had our 20 week ultrasound today. We did not find out the gender. I had always thought it would be fun to have a surprise when we had a boy and a girl. Well, we finally have both so here is our opportunity. It has been so tempting to cave in. There certainly are advantages to finding out early. Thankfully, David has been on board with the idea. I ultimately decided I would regret not waiting.

The ultrasound was still exciting and always a miracle to see the little life growing inside! The technician was amazing and very talkative. She was very supportive to us waiting and said we would avoid the area all together. This little one looks great and my placenta is great this time so we are going to try for a VBAC. The Doctors are very encouraging and say I am the perfect candidate. On the way out, the technician did say, I do know what you are having!! David was intently looking the whole time hoping to accidentally find out! She said she went so quickly by, we never would have known! So crazy not to know right now! Looking forward to Christmas in August!!


9 comments:

Clenece said...

You are so strong!!! Way to go on not caving in! lol! Now you know you can always contact the ultra-sound tech and find out if you REALLY want. lol! Congrats you guys!

Natalie said...

YAAAAAAAAAY!!! I thought I'd heard in passing that you were expecting and that you were being surprised. I'm so excited for you! Congrats on being able to do a VBAC... what I would give! :( And to be surprised!!! I couldn't get my husband on board with it... maybe next time, but getting him on board to a "next time" may prove to be even more difficult. Ha!

Candace said...

I am amazed. Good job not giving in. At this point, I can't even imagine. It seems really fun for you guys. Congratulations again.
You'll have to keep us updated on how you avoid calling your baby "it."

Kasey said...

Congrats!! You are a strong woman! I don't know if I could wait that long, the suspense would eat at me!! I'm so glad to hear that everything is going well with this pregnancy.

Lynette said...

Congratulations! I hope all is going well with your little (ok maybe not so little anymore) family!

jenerekfamily said...

I'm so excited for you! The gender surprise was SO much fun. It might be hard sometimes, but so worth it! I hope you are feeling well.

jamie said...

The moment you find out the gender is exciting, whether it's the day of the ultrasound or whether it's when you're holding your baby in your arms - but the most memorable pregnancy and birth for me was the time we kept it a surprise. I loved that anticipation!

Katie staten said...

Wahoo! We're so happy for you and for baby #5. He or she is a lucky baby to be born into such an amazing family.

val m said...

What a beautiful little boy!! LOL Congrats Sarah!! We are excited for your family!!!